Visit our dentistry practice at Midtown Dental Design, in Manhattan, New York. Our well-trained staff of cosmetic dentists are experienced in all dental procedures and can help you to achieve your perfect smile. The perfect smile starts with the proper care. Our office offers Comprehensive Dental Exams, Dental X-Rays, Professional Teeth Cleaning and Composite fillings.
If you are interested in learning more about the full range of cosmetic dentistry services available in our Manhattan dental office, contact our office today at (212) 572-9800.
General Dentistry Procedures
- Comprehensive Dental Exams
- Professional Dental Cleaning
- Composite Fillings
Comprehensive Dental Exams
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Sadeghi during your first dental visit. During regular check-up exams, Dr. Sadeghi will complete the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs) with our digital x-ray sensor: Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Dental radiographs (x-rays) are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools that provide valuable information not visible during a regular dental exam. Dr. Sadeghi will examine this information to safely and accurately detect hidden dental abnormalities to complete an accurate treatment plan. Without x-rays, problem areas may go undetected.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by Dr. Mirjana Sadeghi. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during
A composite (tooth colored) filling is used to repair a tooth that is affected by decay, cracks, fractures, etc. The decayed or affected portion of the tooth will be removed and then filled with a composite filling.
Dr. Sadeghi will discuss the best options for restoring your teeth. Because composite fillings are tooth colored, they can be closely matched to the color of existing teeth, and are more aesthetically suited for use in front teeth or the more visible areas of the teeth.
As with most dental restorations, composite fillings are not permanent and may someday have to be replaced. They are very durable, and will last many years, giving you a long lasting, beautiful smile.
Prepare for your visit
Complete Your Patient Registration Form
For your added convenience we also offer many perks to our patients such as:
- Digital X-rays
- Intraoral Camera
- Interest Free Dentistry
- Mood setting music of your choice